Biggest Loser Blitz

Now that I've finally found a diet I can stick to, I need a little motivation to make sure that I do. The diet is a very low carb diet - not a no carb diet! Its a healthier option than Atkins - our body needs carbs. The problem is that, as with any diet, there's the temptation to be bad. There's nothing quite like writing about your activities for the day to keep you honest.

Wednesday, April 19, 2006

Back on the Wagon!

This month has been kind of up and down. As you can see - I haven't written anything since almost exactly a month ago. I felt very bad about not sticking to my diet. I just let myself think "I can eat this one thing". Which is fine. The problem is that if you let yourself eat lots of things that aren't good for you all the time - you gain weight! Like I did. Last time I feel off the wagon, I was lucky - I gained nothing. This time I gained back 1.5 kilograms - not a good start. I can't let that get to me though. In the past week, I've managed to get that off again, so I'm back on track.

I'm not a person who is afraid of food - granted, not all foods are great for you. That doesn't mean you can't have them on occasion though. Its not about dieting really. I think that's half the problem - you think you're dieting and suddenly you feel like you're trapped in a cage! So, through shear bloody-minded-ness, you want the things you can't have!

However, I need to remind myself that for the next few months, I do need to restrict what I eat and I do need to forgo some of the things that I love to eat and perhaps learn to like other foods. This isn't a diet - its a change of lifestyle. To get the weight off to begin with though, obviously, I do need to stop eating the bad stuff until I learn how to control myself so I only have one piece of chocolate, not the whole block. Or one glass of wine, not the whole bottle.

This week has obviously been an eye opener for me. I've signed up for the Weightloss Challenge at the Tony Ferguson forums again, and I intend to meet my goal. I've come to accept that I'm probably going to have something that isn't "good" every now and again. But that's the point - it should be every now and again; not every day.

Weigh In: 91.5kg (201.7lbs)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home